Thursday, September 13, 2007

We've got shoes...and sweet memories...



"Take me shopping"...that was the mantra of the girls...enough of this adoption stuff...we need school shoes! And, we can always do well shoe shopping in China. The first two pictures show you this start to our day...some 10 sales ladies...and 10 pairs of shoes for 5 kids...the total...right at $140! The flurry set the shoe department on it's ear...I THINK we all got shoes that Momma approved...but, I'm surely not going back if there's a problem!

Then we were thrilled to get our hands on Isaiah's passport and the finalized adoption papers complete with his name change! Although we celebrate the finality of his adoption...we marvel at the way he fits into the family...he is AMAZING and I'm blown away once again at God's plan. He loves his Momma...is pretty slow with everyone else, except Magpie, and he hugs me and lets me kiss and squeeze him. I am positively silly over him! I am so thankful to the Lord and our wonderful adoption agency, Children's House International, for bringing us together with our son!





Tonight, we had dinner with our extended Chinese family, the sisters and brother of our dear friend...a big family style feast in a private dining room at the hotel. The focus of the evening and discussion was: 1) How beautiful the girls are...2) How handsome and clever Isaiah is...3) How Daddy and I are fantastic parents...4) Are all parents in America as wonderful as we?

It was a riot. If they only knew how crazy we are as parents...then they'd have something to talk about! The warm fellowship was bittersweet on our last night in Wuhan. I was so pleased to hear from our friend, interpreting to us the discussion between he and his family members, that he told his family that he thought we were such wonderful parents because we are Christians.

I finished the night with a foot massage with our friend who's come to teach English in Wuhan. Actually, it was a nearly 2 hour experience and a great way to close my last night in Wuhan for this trip.

We get on a plane tomorrow and fly South to Guangzhou where we'll meet up with our dear friends for 5 days of celebrating our new family members! Lots of fun ahead before we make the LONG journey home...

Now that we have him...we see how worth every step of the journey has been...he is a jewel!

5 comments:

Nettie said...

Yes! He is a jewel ... but then again, he has entered into a family of gems!
More shoes ... yikes, Mrs. W is gonna have something to say about that!! :O)

Anonymous said...

An amazing family, to be sure. You are both wonderful parents, it is reflected in your sweet children. Have fun with that crazy Zwade Family! All 7 of them.:) Your are still in our prayers daily. With love, Karin Porret

Unknown said...

H Family,

Wow! What an adorable boy! He is such a cutie. Andy and I will babysit anytime! :o) We are so glad that all is well and love reading all about your trip. Can't wait to hear more when you are home, and tell you what we've been up to these days.

Love you guys,
Jess and Andy

Anonymous said...

Amanda and family -

Okay - I am in tears. I am so very thrilled for you all. Isn't it the best? God is good. We will continue to pray for you. Tell the Zwade's we are praying for them as well.

Can't wait to see you all home together. Love to you all-
Kim Ryan

Kimber said...

Okay the Mamma Bear was for replying on Elissa's blog whil she was in Africa but it won't let me change it. So I'll be Mamma Bear to you as well.

We are so thrilled for you. Your photos brought me to tears. I just love to see God in action. WOW! What a blessing. I am praying for you all. Have fun with the families and tell the Zwade's we are lifting them up in prayer also. Can't wait to see you all home together.

Love to you -
Kim Ryan