Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Adopted Officially...by a lovestruck family






Where can I begin my tale of this day? There have been many amazing things...deep, relational things, that have made every effort to get here...worth it.


This morning we signed on the bottom line...we bought no extended warranty...and he's officially an H Family son! What a celebration today has been. Especially as we see more of this wonderful personality! He is so easy going, relaxed and happy. When I lay him down for a nap or just a little while ago for bed...no whimper...arms raised for me to pick him up from the floor, put him in the crib and giggles as I smothered him in kisses. What a good boy!!! Daddy just keeps saying that over and over! God has been merciful to us! We are blessed beyond belief!


Isaiah's easy manner fits so nicely with his sisters. They ADORE him...poor thing...I keep reminding them "He is not a baby doll!" They all want to hold him, feed him, sit by him...they are stuck to him like glue! We had some great laughs with him today. Daddy just had him laughing heartily as he tickled him on the bed.


And finally...as a mother I've experienced the purest joy...


I was not around to hear the first words of our oldest two H family members...but for the next four I was...and each of them, EACH OF THEM said "Da Da" before they said Momma. Even Potato last year when we adopted her, she said "Baba" FIRST...


Had I only known the love of a boy for his mother... :) :) :)


Today Isaiah was smiling at me and rolling his head around on my chest saying "Momma....Momma....Momma" I was in absolute HEAVEN!


Daddy however, quite uncomfortable with his slip from "first name called" status...with an upturned nose said...."I don't think he knows what it means"....yes... I punched him right in the gut! :) :)


Tonight we went to our Chinese family's home for dinner again. It was a good time as the girls played with a huge foam puzzle on the floor.


But the night turned amazing as we came back to our hotel room for more deep conversation with our dear friend. Such inquisitiveness and openness to sharing life stories and experiences. Daddy was finally able to share the story of his back's miraculous recovery just three years ago...to a mesmerized audience of one.


Lots of emotion and profound relating...led to an incredible experience for Daddy and I. Continue to remember these pivotal conversations and ask for deep interpretation and understanding to be given...


Tomorrow we're off to the countryside to meet with important people for Potato...big day for her...big day for us to express gratitude.


Please pray for safety, a continuation of the bonding process with this darling son and more opportunities to discuss important matters.


We can feel your prayer every step of the way!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sit here with tears in my eyes as I read. You have such an amazing way of making me feel as if I'm right there watching. There is nothing like the feeling of holding your child and that bonding process. My prayers continue to be with you and your family.
Torri

Justin and Heidi said...

A boy!! How exciting! It is great to see how happy your little guy is with all his sisters. I can't hardley believe that it has been just over a year since we were picking up our little girls. Have a safe and wonderful trip. Congratulations!!
Heidi

Anonymous said...

Yay! How marvelous! What beautiful smiles!! Koe