Monday, August 13, 2007

It's gettin' busy....

Oh my...oh my...pressure's on...19 days until wheels up and I feel like I'm draggin' my knuckles on the ground!

We've had some interesting complications.

I've got a last-minute business trip that has to be made over this weekend. Then next weekend, Daddy and the Potato go to see dear family in another state...once they return, one little work week and we're on our way!

Any extra time is now filled with gathering gifts for our dear friends and officials who will help us on our journey. Ever try to buy something for someone IN China that wasn't MADE in China? It ain't easy...

I've come upon some locally made soaps...likely will add some lotions...picked up a few Table Top books with pictures of our local area here so our friends in China can get a window into our world. We're super-blessed by the fact that one of our dear friends here is making a lap quilt for our "Chinese family." What says Americana like a quilt? Red, white and blue as the theme colors and a great deal of love in every stitch...

We were thrilled yesterday by an enormous donation of clothes from our favorite consignment store. Literally 4 huge garbage bags full of gently used clothes that will go to a few different orphanages. It is such a joy to be involved with people who care about kids...

Now the great task...how will we fit it all in? Luggage allowances and so many little bodies all factor in to make planning this mission akin to solving a Rubik's cube...

and no...I never even got close to solving that thing...

better call for reinforcements...my mental capacity is dwindling...

1 comment:

Nettie said...

Beautiful!
The words, the music (When love takes you in), the miracle of our God -- HE is SO good!