Friday, August 31, 2007

It's the Final Countdown...

Do any of you remember that song from the 80's?

We find ourselves singing that around the house tonight...the day we've been waiting for when the planning, packing and stressing is over and we are on our way! Tomorrow we'll be "wheels up" at 2:40 PM and some 18 hours later...we'll be in Beijing!

For those of you who pray, please pray for smooth travel, safety and cooperative children! As we'll be travelling with 4 children, aged 7, 5, 3 & 3, you can clearly see that Daddy and I are outnumbered!

As we travel and you follow along, please post your comments! We LOVE to read them and know that you're with us in spirit. You don't have to choose a Blogger identity to post your comment, just use "anonymous", and sign your name in the text of the message so we know who you are. Then, we'll receive your comment via email, once we approve it, then you'll see it on the blog!

If you don't know the story of Isaiah...go back and read our first few posts...you might enjoy the history of this mission!

Our next post...will be in Beijing, we land there at 9 PM on 9/2 (China time) ...where we'll be for a few days before heading into Wuhan!

I just felt it...just as I was typing...I felt the incredible sense of excitement well up....FINALLY! Today, two of my dear angel friends came over and helped me clean my house so that I can have a good night's sleep (in theory!) So, most everything is done...and we're about to be on our way on another adventure of a lifetime...to bring home our boy...

Please pray for his heart that the Lord will help him with the transition to us. Please pray that God will prepare him and his big sisters to blend together...

and as I'm awash with the sense that it is finally real...pray for Daddy and me...we're going to need it!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Amanda for taking care of my baby. I am as excited to have her see the world as she is. Our prayers are with you on this journey. Love to all, Janet

Nettie said...

Praying, praying, praying for you all.
I know that Isaiah will love your gang just as much as we do.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying! koe

Linda said...

I have been praying for your parents since Trina told me that they were perhaps "missing" in Scotland. As a result, I went to your blog to hopefully see that you did indeed leave today. Your post challenged me to read the old posts to see Isaiah's story. I did, and I found what I have been looking for, and I am sitting here in tears right now.

This is our third adoption, and quite frankly, the money is VERY tight. In the midst of things, some of my transcription work has gone away due to new technology. There have been many nights that I have lay awake worrying about how we would make things work and if we were doing the right thing. With our other two daughters, I felt that God gave me a specific verse during the course of the adoptions, but I had not had that happen with Joanna - UNTIL tonight. When I read your verse from Hebrews 10:38-39, it was as if God was putting His hand on me and speaking directly to my soul.

"But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him. But we are not those who shrink back and are destroyed but of those who believe and are saved."

My husband looked at the verses and added #37 to the promise: "For in just a very little while, He who is coming will come and will not delay."

You have ministered to me in way that you really cannot imagine. Thank you. I hope my husband (who is traveling alone) and our Joanna (age 8) get the chance to meet up with yours and Trina's families in Guangzhou. Our consulate date is 9/18, so I know the times line up.

Bless you!
Linda Shoemate

Anonymous said...

H family,

We are so excited for your journey and will be praying for you the entire time. We cannot wait to meet this new and precious addition to your family! We love you all and will miss you much while you are away.

Safe Travels,
Andy and Jess

Zwade Gang said...

Praise the Lord and Welcome to China!

We just woke up in Ferndale and you are getting situated to go to bed in Beijing.

Wahooooo! Big hugs and kisses to those H-girls.

Love,

The Zwade Gang
lifting off in:
4days, 22hours, 30 minutes

Anonymous said...

H Family,

Just wanted to let you know we are so excited about the new addition to your family and we cannot wait to meet Isaiah! We hope you all have safe travels and we will be praying for you along the way.

Love,
Andy and Jess

Anonymous said...

Were excited and praying for all aspects of your trip. Right now I'm especially praying for your time of service with the orphans and for wisdom.
The Kniers