Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Emotions are running HIGH!

We're waiting...for the final date to be handed down to us by the powers that be...the Consulate Appointment. Once we have it, hopefully in the morning, we proceed full speed ahead to buy the plane tickets.

We find ourselves at the river Jordan, if you will...

We have to buy plane tickets. It appears that due to the dates, all our alternate plans for travel arrangements have been excluded. This includes the painful awareness that due to the delays from China neither Butterfly or Grandma Juice will be able to travel.

So we have to step into the river...that is commit to taking all four of the remaining minor children...even though we don't have all of our "funding" in place. But I'm reminded that it was when the Israelites stepped INTO the river that the waters parted for them to pass, not when they were standing on the banks just watching the water go by.

I'm hanging on to that.

I was able to share these verses...some of my favorites...with another friend today who is really struggling with a big decision that requires faith:

Hebrews 10:38-39 "But my righteous one will live by faith, and if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him," But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved.

Getting the music loaded to the website tonight...with a few of our favorite songs that describe some of our feelings about adoption and this precious boy...made tears pour from my eyes...yeah, emotions are running high...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm crying & praying for you ALL this AM! God's will on EARTH as it is in HEAVEN!
Lovingly - Cris T

Nettie said...

I get the chills reading this -- even though I have heard Isaiah's story before, reading it makes it even more profound! Glad you are blogging about it!
Many Blessings to you friend!


ps - Potato .... LOVE IT!